Top 7 Oils For Thicker Hair

Shares

Top 7 Oils For Thicker Hair

Not all of us were blessed with thick luscious locks to whip back and forth. I for one have fine hair, but that does not stop me  from wanting to show my hang time as my hair continues to get longer. Even though I was not born with it, I have learned a few tricks along the way to give my fine hair more “umph”. Are you looking to thicken your hair yourself? Here are a few oils to help you along your journey.

1. Castor Oil

Castor Oil is one of the most popular oils used to thicken hair. Not only does it have amazing healing properties but it also prevents the scalp from getting infected and hair loss. This is the thickest oil on this list so it is important not to be heavy handed with this one in particular. My favorite version of castor oil to use is Jamaican Black Castor Oil (JBCO) which can be ordered online from Amazon or other retailers. Don’t want to shop online? You can also find castor oil at your local beauty supply store or health foods store such as GNC.

1. Grapeseed Oil

This oil increases thickness by protecting against moisture loss from your hair. Compared to castor oil this is a fairly light oil that is odorless (JBCO in particular can have a strong scent to to some people). Bonus use for this oil: Grapeseed oil also can be used as a heat protectant for your thick hair 🙂 Grapeseed oil can be found at your local grocery store.

1. Cedar Oil

Cedar oil is an oil that can be found at an online retailer as it may be hard to come by. Cedar itself increases thickness by helping with dry scalp and reducing hair loss. This oil stimulates the follicles by increasing circulation to the scalp.

See Also  10 Must Have Oils - Growth, Thickness, & Treatments
AOK Whipped Shea Butter

1 2

About author

Erickah

Erickah

Hi, my name is Erickah and I am the founder of Audacity to be You(nique). I have been on my hair journey since 2009, and what a ride it has been. My hair has been through many stages of relaxed, transitioning, to where I am currently - Natural. Being confident in your own skin is the message I like to promote. Ultimately, we should all love being you(nique).

35 comments

• Adwoa 10 February, 2016 at 01:38 Reply

My hair is natural too . I mix avocado , honey and olive oil n apply to my hair for an hour or more . There are other variations though .. I hope I helped 🙂

• Erickah
      Erickah 15 February, 2016 at 10:23 Reply

Hi Akosua,
      My favorite way to apply oils is by using an applicator bottle and applying it directly to my scalp. This helps prevent mess and helps you save oil 🙂

• Erickah
      Erickah 10 March, 2016 at 21:34 Reply

You can either big chop right away or transition for a few months till you get a good amount of natural growth. My favorite products to use while transitioning were Aloe Vera Juice for detangling and coconut oil for sealing.

1. Chudy Abena Modey 8 March, 2016 at 06:19 Reply

My hair was originally thick and bouncy but i started experiencing lots of grey & loss of hair for the pass 2yrs …I just cut my hair very short due to thining…i would like to maintain a healthy but permed hair…any ideas?

• Erickah
      Erickah 6 April, 2016 at 08:27 Reply

You don’t have to shampoo and condition your hair before using castor oil but there is no harm in doing it if you decide to. Personally I apply the castor oil after I deep condition.

2. Obaa yaa 14 April, 2016 at 05:20 Reply

Hi, my hair is very light,soft and usually loss more hair whenever I braid or add a weave on.pls can u help me?

3. wend1235 20 April, 2016 at 10:29 Reply

I’ve being keeping natural hair for three years now but it doesn’t grow and it breaks.what should i do?

4. felicia 24 April, 2016 at 06:24 Reply

hi,I have most of my front hair for close to a year n the growth rate is sooo insignificant. pls I need help to get the front part of my hair back.is really frustrating a tried a too number of hair products like hair fertilizer,jinsing among other.is permed.

5. Jenny 13 May, 2016 at 10:27 Reply

Hi I hv been growing natural hair for 3yrs now but my hair is not growing at all
    Is soft and light
    What do I do ?

6. Ruth 15 May, 2016 at 05:38 Reply

Hi, many Tanx for ur advice on how one can get both thicker, longer natural hair. Am also on natural, pls can all de 7 oils u listed be mixed and applied on the hair? Is it advisable? Pls help.
    Tanx once more for de great job.

7. Caroline 16 May, 2016 at 14:06 Reply

I need help with my hair it is relaxed, very light, and breaks a lot when I leave it on. I did a deep conditioning but my hair rather got course so I installed a weave to protect it what do I do when I Uninstaller the hair

8. Rachie 25 May, 2016 at 12:58 Reply

Hi! I have relaxed hair. Can I use the other oils on it too? I use shea butter and coconut oil for my hair. Also, I’m losing hair from my front hairline. Any recommendations?

9. jessica 31 May, 2016 at 12:35 Reply

Hi
    Plsss my hair is soft,relaxed but doesn’t grow lyk I want.what can i use to make it grow fast?